Tuesday, October 9, 2007

homesick


You're in a better place, ive heard a thousand times. and at least at thousand times, i've rejoiced for you. but the reason why i'm broken, the reason why i cry is how long must i wait to be with you. i close my eyes and i see your face. if homes where my heart is then i'm out of place. Lord, won't You give me strength to make it through somehow. i'll never be more homesick than now.

Help me Lord, cos i dont understand Your ways. the reason why i wonder if i'll ever know. but even if You showed me, the hurt would be the same. cos i'm still here, so far away from home. i'll close my eyes and i see your face. if homes where my heart is, then i'm out of place. Lord, won't You give me strength to make it through somehow. i'll never be more homesick than now.

In Christ, there are no goodbyes. in Christ, there is no end. so i'll hold on to Jesus with all that i have, to see you again. to see you again. and i'll close my eyes and i'll see your face. if homes where my heart is then i'm out of place. Lord, wont You give me strength to make it through somehow. wont You give me strength to make it through somehow?
i'll never be more homesick than now.


i'll miss you, grandpa.


current song: homesick by mercy me

No comments: