Tuesday, November 6, 2007

max lucado and life.

For these past few weeks, ive been reading two of max lucado's books. both are fantastic! Max Lucado really knows how to put words together and make it really really nice. the way he uses analogies to describe something, perfecto!

the first book i read is "a love worth giving". its basically talking about a different view of love based on the scriptures (1 Corinthians 13). it talks about how apostle Paul see and experience love himself and how he loves others. his question is "are you low on love?" how far would you go for love? cos loving others is never easy. could we be missing a step? go and find the answer from the book. no regret!

the second book, the cure for the common life. it talks about how God made you so wonderfully unique. the very first chapter says," you are you-nique." use your uniqueness to make a big deal out of God in everyday of your life. max also tells about how you to find the sweet spot in your life, that God never called you to be anyone other than you. if you are arent you, we dont get you. the world misses out. that is how special you are in God's eyes. "He makes me who i am and remind me of who im living for. the cure of the common life begins and ends with God. He cures the common life by giving no common life, by offering no common gifts. do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can" (Lucado, 2005). dont discount the smallness of your deeds! trust your little deeds.


its great that i finally found back my passion in reading again. i remember the last time i tried to read the same book, i thought it was just another boring book. but it turns out to be a blessing for me. also to a friend of mine. thanks to God. by the way, my sister just bought another book. 3:16. hope its gonna be another great books.

im looking forward to buy another books from max lucado. i went to salvation bookstore in summit the other day and i saw a lot of max lucado's. not easy to find. i found travelling light, i read the review and i think its really good. its about letting go of your burden and come to Christ to find your rest - from matt 11:28. anyway, the other books like facing your giants and come thirsty are also another bravo books i think. they're all not the latest but i think its good if i can collect all of them. :)

by the way, for these upcoming four months, my church has started the building fund. ARISE & BUILD (future unlimited). RM 1,6 million. im nervous. we're all nervous. but i know that we all will be able to fulfill it for the House of God. i pledge for a certain amount that i have to make myself work hard. i hope its worth it. well, i know it will be worth it. thanks to my friend, she helped me to find a part-time job. yesterday was my first day of working. the job involves approaching people, or in details, moms. haha. dont ask me what my job is. the thing is, the pay is good. even though i have to work 16 hours on weekends, have to be really patient with silly customers, plus, on the first day of my work, i couldnt believe that i took the job because it is not something that i usually do. i felt like i dont belong there and i was quite embarrassed if my friends show up and see me. even my mom laughed when she heard the news. but then again, im doing this not for myself, not for anyone, but for God. as in 2 Sam 24:24, David says "i wont give offerings to God that cost me nothing." so, whatever things cost me by taking the job, i'll take it. cos im doing it for God and i'm gonna try my best.

til later.

current mood: grateful
current song: history maker

No comments: