Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a little piece of me

the other day, my friends and i were hanging out together and talking about music, favorite bands, and so on. then someone was asking about whose concert we would love to go before we die. Adeline, who has been to so many rock concerts (Muse, The Strokes, etc.. *shes sooo lucky!), yelled for Coldplay, while yee mun wanted John Mayer and myself, i voiced out for Lifehouse. but wait! i would die for Coldplay and John Mayer too. argh! too much good music :)

speaking of my friend adeline, i guess shes a real music junkie. my first friend here that i can really talk about music cos she knows alot of bands, especially indie bands. makes me miss my old times talking about music and only music with couple of old friends. well, i cant label myself as a music junkie actually. i do love music, mostly any, and back in old days, i was the only girl that can talk about music to my guy friends. i was the only person they came to when they need to make mixed cds or maybe songs selection, or even in the car, i always take charge of the music. hehe.it was fun! i love music. i used to know the latest music updates and gossip about my favorite bands and singers. just to name a few, Lifehouse, Goo Goo Dolls, Oasis, Our Lady Peace, Snow Patrol, Jason Mraz, Holly Brook, John Mayer, Michael Buble... *phew alot more.
well, as you can see the bands that ive listed out, those are mostly acoustics, alternative, and jazz. im not a hiphop or r&b kinda person, but a little bit of love Rihanna and Ne-Yo is good. i think theyre awesome.

so, back to the topic.
last week, i was sitting beside Adeline in human comm class after my speech (one of the best presenters of the day, people! wohoo! :D), then i asked for song recommendation from her. she asked me to list out my 5 favorite bands, she took out her iPod to let me listen to couple of songs. theyre really great, i think. she recommended me these 10: A Fine Frenzy, Priscilla Ahn, Athlete, Rilo Kiley, Vega 4, the Go! Team, The Magic Numbers, Let's Go Sailing, Maximo Park, The Perishers, and Gomez. oh i love The Perishers! well, i havent heard of most of those names but when i listened to the songs, yeah, Janice would definitely say that those songs are so me. haha. oh how i miss my chickas.

oh yeah. for those of you who havent heard of Holly Brook (if you dont know who she is, shes the girl who sang the 'where'd You Go?' with Fort Minor), shes not that commercialized and thats why i love her. besides that, shes very simple but she has a very nice voice. shes so lovely. try to listen to her songs. youre gonna love it. two of my favorites are "Curious" and "Like Blood Like Honey".the kind of songs to listen to when youre not in any mood state. haha pardon this emo missy :)

oh how i miss spending hours by hours on talking and listening to music with couple of old friends. one thing that i regret the most is that im not able to play instruments, yet. oh why did i have to drop my keybaord and guitar class last time? (i got free guitar practise from church last time you know? and i blew it off!). oh blamed it on the tuition. argh!

ehm speaking of the past, i was once thinking of being a song writer. hahaha yeah i know it sounds crazzzyyyy! well FYI, i used to write poems when i was in junior high; and most of them can be used as song lyrics i guess. believe it or not, my friends and i had the thought of writing a teenage inspirational book. ehm, it all started when we all were in charge of class wall posts and we're so proud of it cos actually quite many students come to our class to see them during break time. you couldnt be happier than that.

yes, those are great memories from the past and sadly, we never finish the book. yes, we had done some stuff. quite emo stuff actually. it was about love, hope, friends, and family. you know how hormones can effect teenagers at that point of time. haha. well, my point is that i used to love to write a lot. i was a creative writer and an editor last time for wall posts and i did some stuff for junior high yearbooks and couple of other stuff. not only that, i was also did quite a good job in organizing some basketball competitions and events in high school. it took a whole lot of effort and risks but here i am right now, thanking God for so many things i have achieved in my young age. im so proud of myself of being a representative of the children of God.

now, seeing myself not-so-busy as i used to be, im actually quite discouraged. but well, i believe that God is giving me time to manage things, to put everything together again so i wont be missing any piece of my puzzle of life. faith, love, the hope, family and friendship are the best treasures in the whole world. ive never been greater. ive never been happier. never been more grateful, cos i believe i will have alot more than i could've asked for. and the best is yet to come.

Praise the Lord!
Psalm 71:6 for me :)

2 comments:

Ligatsa said...

i commercialized holly brook!!!!

amanda natalia said...

hahahaha yes yes thanks alot mr.ligatsa :) very nice of you