Monday, October 27, 2008

flashbacks

Ps. Mike Connell, a pastor from a church in New Zealand came to my church last month. He shared about 'passing through a valley of sorrow'. What i can still strongly remember is when he shared about his past relationship. His wife broke up with him in a restaurant when they were dating. When he was in the same restaurant years later, he suddenly felt uncomfortable with the athmosphere. Soon enough he realized that it was the violin player playing this paricular melody that brought him to the feeling back then when his wife broke up with him.

Same thing is happenning to me. I went to my CD rack this afternoon, was looking for some old mixed CDs from some friends and loved ones. LOL. I played the one i got from a special someone in the past. Gosh. Suddenly my heart was pounding. I felt 'that' again.

Do you get that feeling? I do. Very often. What Ps. Mike has to say about this is that i havent really moved on with my past, particularly that song and the memory in it. Man, i thought i moved on already. It was couple years ago. All these while and i havent moved on?!

What do i do?

what do you do?

*playing: Marching Band of Manhattan by Death Cab for Cutie

No comments: